Before we are going for automation, first we should know Regression Testing.
Regression testing: Retesting or Rexcuting the old features or test cases to make sure that the code change due to bug fixes or releases across the multiple builds does not affect the existing features is known as Regression Testing.
Why we go for regression Testing?
To make sure that code change may affect the existing features.
When we go for Regression Testing?
Whenever there is a code change due to bug fixes or releases.
Types of Regression testing
- Unit regression Testing: In unit regression Testing we only change the testing.
- Regional Regression Testing: In Regional regression Testing we check testing change or its impact area.
- Full Regional Regression Testing: In this type of testing we check test change and complete old features.
CHALLENGES OF REGRESSION TESTING
- It is very difficult to identifying Impact Area due to code changing.
- It is Time-consuming process because of its impact area
- Due to code changes, Test cases increases.
- Due to annual accuracy not exist, so we go for automation.
Now I am going to explain what is automation testing, testing the application by using tools is known as automation testing. we go for automation testing whenever there are multiple releases or multiple regression test cycles or repeatedly task needs to be performed.
To writing script, we hire automation team and it is hiring after release 2. It is not involved in product knowledge in release 1. The manual team is busying of testing new features. An automation test engineer is busying in writing script.
For writing the script of test cases first they have to know regression test cases to know the flow of an application.
This regression test cases are taken from the previous release because these all cases belong to release 1, and it is stable now its time for execution, for execution new features must be stable, once the new features are stable. This test case is going to be executed. This test cases need to be executed on next release if we executed on pervious one than status will be a pass. (when we executed all the test cases at a time is called batch execution).
In somewhere there we got fail status. this fail status is passed in the previous release but in next release, there is fail because of adding new features manual test engineer should be checked .once the bug fixes. The test engineer has first executed the bug fix. Now they executed all once again.
Performance Testing: Checking the behaviour of the application by applying load is known as performance testing.
In this type, we check for the factor like :
- response time: Time is taken by the server to process the client request.
- Load: The no of user access simultaneously.
- stability: no of the user using the application simultaneously for a particular period of time.
NOTE: Performance Testing can’t be done manually since it is costlier approach and accuracy may not exist.
Performance Testing Process
- Identify performance scenario.
- we consider the frequently used scenario.
- we consider the critical scenario.
- we consider on huge data involvement on the product knowledge.
2. Creating script according to the scenario.
3. Distribute load according to the usage pattern.
4. execute scripts.