Software Testing Life cycle(STLC)
In the software testing life cycle, we have gone for different phases and we are going to explain different phases one by one.
|Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)|
(Write Test Scenario)
(Write Test Cases)
(Review and Approved)
|BUG DEFEAT TRACKING|
|TEST EXECUTION REPORT|
SOFTWARE TESTING LIFE CYCLE
- System Study: Once we got a requirement from the customer the lead and the manager, first they try to understand the requirement. So that the complexity of modules is derived and they are trying to decide the complexity to which, test engineer has to work on the assigned module and what duration to take which types of testing are to be done.
- Test Plan: Once the understanding is over we use to prepare a test plan which consists of all the activities and this plan was handed to test engineer and based on the plan we used to come to know our assign module, how to work, what to be done, when to start, which template is to use and everything is mention and initial task to prepare the test document.
- Test Documents: These are necessary notes or the reference document which is prepared by the test engineer simultaneously when a developer is busing in coding. These documents are written so that they can be used for any future references while performing test execution process.
To prepare test documents we have some challenges we were going through the requirement and finally if there is a mistake then interact with a business need and B.A solves the problem then once, test engineer sure that they understand the requirements. Test engineer started preparing HLD known as Test Scenario.
- Test Scenario: It is high-level documents written by test engineer which talks about all possible combination or multiple ways of testing the application and generally these documents are written to understand the flow of an application.
Once the flow is clear to the test engineers now test engineers prepare the documents which are referred by any person .once the test cases are written then this can be used by anyone for execution.
Test Cases: It is an in detail documents which talk about step by step procedure to test an application. The test cases consider all possible scenario, navigation steps and inputs which need to be tested for application.
In order to start writing the test cases, we should have a .test case template to maintain uniformity.scenrio should be driver to understand the flow of the application and we should refer to the requirement to write the input.
Test Case Review Process: Once the cases are written we can never go directly for execution process whereas they need to be reviewed and approved so that the test cases is serious about writing the test cases and test engineer can maintain proper flow and make sure that the maximum test coverage is achieved.
RTM MATRIX: It is a document which is prepared before the test execution process to check every requirement is covered in the form of test cases. In this RTM we map all requirement and the corresponding test cases to make sure that every requirement has a test case.
TEST CASES REPOSITORY:It is a centralized location where all different types of baseline test cases are stored. whenever the execution starts we always refer the cases from test case repository.
TEST EXECUTION PROCESS: Once the test cases are written received or approved and we are sure that it does not consist of any mistake then we start test execution process.In this process, we start testing the application by execution test.
NOTE: status of test cases.
- Pass: when all the steps of test cases are working as expected then the status is a pass.
- Fail: when any of the steps of test cases does not work as expected then the status is failed.
Now after completing this, all process developers installed the build on a test server. we started with smoking testing that the build is testable or not then different types of testing is done like functional testing, integration testing, system testing. During this process, we got some bug which will be locked and tracked using some bug tools . Once the bug tracking is done , the bug is fixed and all the status is passed.
TEST EXECUTION REPORT: It is a document prepared after all the cases are executed which talks about the stability of the application. The execution report consist of the information about the total no of cases written, executed , pass and fail.